2 strips bacon
1/2 onion diced
3 large cobs of corn
1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
2 cups chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat grill to high.
- 2. Place husked corn on direct heat and turn down the grill. If using a charcoal grill, place on indirect heat.
- 3. Grill for about 5 minutes a side or until the kernels start to brown. You may even hear a popping sound.
- 4. When corn is thoroughly cooked, remove it from the grill. Set aside to cool.
- 5. Chop bacon into small pieces and cook in a medium pan. Add the diced onions when the bacon is 2/3 cooked through. Continue cooking until bacon is crispy and onions cooked through.
- 6. Trim kernels from the cobs. I place my knife at a slight angle, which makes it easier to remove the kernels.
- 7. Place bacon and onions in a blender along with the corn, chicken stock and milk. Puree until the mixture reaches the consistency you desire. I like it mostly smooth, but with some small chunks. You can also use a hand blender.
- 8. Place the soup into a medium-sized pot and heat through.
- 9. Ladle into bowls and top with parsley pistou.
HOW TO COOK CORN ON GRILL