Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Make Grilled Chicken

Make Grilled Chicken
  • I was thinking of what to prepare for dinner last night while doing the groceries. The fresh chicken breast caught my attention and the light bulb in my head immediately lit-up. Grilling the chicken is the thing that I have in mind and the only challenge left is to have a unique salad idea to compliment the chicken.
Based on experience, I had 2 facts about Grilled Chicken that I used as a basis in selecting the salad ingredients.
  • 1. It goes well with fruits
  • 2. It easily absorbs sauce.
  • It just happened that I am passing by the canned fruit isle and mandarin orange segments were the first ones that I saw. Since Mandarin orange is a fruit and it contains juice, it can be a perfect candidate. Grilled red bell pepper is the next ingredient to have but I settled on bottled grilled sweet pepper because bell peppers (capsicum) are so expensive at this time (I wonder why). I also got some shallots and parsley for additional spice and aroma.
  • After tossing the salad ingredients, I scooped a spoonful to judge the taste. I never expected the concoction to taste that good. I was really amazed.

Try this out and let me know what you think.
INGREDIENTS :
4 pieces chicken breast, boneless
11 ounces whole peeled mandarin orange segments, drained
4 ounces sweet roasted pepper, drained
3 tablespoon shallots, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

PREPARATIONS :
1. Combine mandarin orange segments, sweet roasted pepper, shallots, and parsley.
2. Toss the ingredients to be evenly distributed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Rub salt and pepper on the chicken breast and let stand for about 30 minutes (for the chicken to absorb the flavor).
4. Grill the chicken breast.
5. Transfer the grilled chicken breast to individual plates and place Mandarin Salad on the side.
6. Serve. Share and enjoy!

HOW TO COOK CORN ON GRILL 

No comments:

Post a Comment