- Ever popular corn on the cob, cooked with herb butter, chilli and lime.
6 sweetcorn cobs
100g butter, softened
1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon each chopped parsley, chives, and thyme
Juice of 1 lime
freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook the sweetcorn cobs in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and place each cob on a large piece of foil.
- 2. Cream the butter until soft, then stir in the chilli herbs.
- 3. Divide the butter between the corn, spreading evenly over the top. Drizzle over the lime juice and sprinkle with pepper.
- 4. Seal the foil into parcels, ensuring that there is no gap for the butter to escape through.
- 5. Cook over the coals of the barbecue for 25 minutes, until tender. Serve immediately.