- Just thinking about grilled corn can make your mouth water. Too bad it started raining and you will have to wait until it stops to start the grill so you can enjoy the yummy kernels--unless you whip out a grill pan and use it indoors to cook your corn in the oven. The grill pan is a pan with raised ridges that leave grill marks on food cooked in it. It is simple to use and is a method that requires no charcoal or propane, so you'll save money. The finished corn will be hot and tender, and you'll want to use this alternative method of preparing corn more often.
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn. Rinse the corn in water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Spray the grill pan with non-stick oil. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees and put the pan in the oven to warm up for 10 minutes.
- Smear mayonnaise on the corn and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Remove the pan from the oven, place the corn on it and put the pan back in the oven.
- Wait 10 minutes before turning the corn. Cook an additional 10 minutes before removing the corn from the oven. The pan will leave grill marks on the food.