Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Barbeque Potato Recipe

Barbeque Potato Recipe
  • I was thinking of throwing in some type of generic, I’m-from-Idaho-so-I-know-potatoes  comment here, but I’m not actually from Idaho. And loving spuds is kind of a universal thing, isn’t it? So what is the use? I lived in Idaho for seven years. I’ve never grown a tater in my life. I’m not an expert here.
  • What I can say is red potatoes–and purple/blue potatoes–are my favorite. Although I do love a giant baked potato, too, the doctor says I should avoid them because of my insulin issues. But red and blue are a-ok. And that makes, by extention (and a stretch) red-skin potato salad OK, too, right? Sure.
  • This recipe comes from allrecipes.com. Because I like allrecipes.com. Scratch that. I LOVE allrecipes.com  If you click the link, you can read a bunch of comments and variations on the recipe, plus the nutritional content info.
INGREDIENTS :
1 lb potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons butter or spread
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 cup sharp cheese, shredded

PREPARATIONS :
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
3. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
4. Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.


HOW TO COOK CORN ON GRILL

No comments:

Post a Comment