1 1/3 cups Uncooked instant rice
1/3 cup Sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup Chopped green pepper
1/4 cup Chopped onion
1/2 cup Chicken broth
1/2 cup Water
1/3 cup Ketchup
1 tablespoon Butter or margarine
- In a 9-in. round aluminum foil pie pan, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter. Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly. Grill, covered, for 14-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis based on using low-sodium broth and reduced-fat margarine
HERES ANOTHER RECIPE FOR RICE GRILL :
Cook Rice Like Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Anyone who has ever eaten at Chipotle Mexican Grill know that the rice is the key element in what makes their food so good! After much trial and error (and eating too much rice!) I present to you my recipe for perfect Chipotle rice.
2 cups long grain white rice
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 tsp kosher salt
2 1/2 tsp lemon/lime juice
1/4 cup soy oil
- Wash and rinse the rice until the water runs clear. This prevents it from sticking together and makes the finished product light and fluffy. Use a sieve for best results. Let the water run through the rice while moving it around with your fingers.
- Cook the rice in the traditional manner. Use three cups of water for your two cups of rice. Add the bay leaf. Put a lid on the pot and bring water and rice to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. As soon as the rice is done cooking, remove the bay leaf, add the soy oil and fluff with a fork. Allow the rice to sit for 5-7 minutes before proceeding.
- While the rice is cooking, give your cilantro a rough chop. Use mostly leaves, but some stems are acceptable. At Chipotle you'll find an even mix of the two.
- Move the rice from the pot to a mixing bowl. Add the cilantro first and mix to prevent it from clumping with the other ingredients. Add the salt and juice, give it a good mix and taste. Perfect Chipotle rice!
HOW TO COOK CORN ON GRILL :